Category: VMware SRM
The following post will explain you the step by step procedure of Installation and configuration of vSphere Replication 6.5.1.
- Download the ISO image from myvmware.com/softwares/downloads
- Before starting the implementation of vSphere replication, please check the compatibility of the other vSphere features, solutions and platforms from “VMware Product Interoperability Matrices” https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php
- Based on the compatibility matrix, consider to upgrade or install the other solutions before proceeding with vSphere Replication.
- Check whether enough resources are available in your environment to deploy “vSphere Replication Appliance”.
- Un-register if there is any old replication appliance was used with the vCenter, follow the steps from my previous post “Un-register vSphere Replication from vCenter” to do the same.
- Verify and check whether DNS resolves FQDN of both source and target vCenters or update the host entries in /etc/hosts file in vCenter servers (VCSA).
VMware vSphere Replication is a hypervisor-based, asynchronous replication solution for vSphere virtual machines. It is fully integrated with VMware vCenter Server and the vSphere Web Client. vSphere Replication delivers flexible, reliable and cost-efficient replication to enable data protection and disaster recovery for all virtual machines in your environment.
VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) is a business continuity and disaster recovery solution that helps you to plan, test, and run the recovery of virtual machines between a protected vCenter Server site and a recovery vCenter Server site.
You can configure Site Recovery Manager to protect virtual machines in different ways.Read More »