Category: VMware Update Manager
Sometimes we will not find the newly deployed vSphere feature or installed product plugin in vCenter Dashboard or Navigator in web-client. Most of the time, we may see this issue, it can be due to Extensions and the only way to fix it is by unregistering the product extension from vCenter Server managed object browser (MOB) and re-deploy it or re-register with vCenter from Appliance Management Interface (like VAMI).
In this post, I will show the steps to unregister the vSphere Replication extension, with this steps we can unregister any extension (SRM, VRA, VDP, VUM,etc.,) that is registered with vCenter Server.
- Log in to the vCenter Server managed object browser (MOB). The URL for the MOB is https://vCenter_FQDN/mob .
- Click “content” Under Properties>content> ServiceContent > content.Read More »
The following upgrade process will explain you the step by step procedure to upgrade ESXi hosts from 5.5 to 6.5 using update manager:
- Download the ESXi 6.5 ISO image from myvmware.com/softwares/downloads
- Before upgrading ESXi hosts, complete the vCenter upgrade and check the compatibility of the hardware from “VMware Compatibility Guide”
- Based on the compatibility matrix, consider to upgrade hardware BIOS firmware, drivers, HBA, NICs and partner vendor’s software vibs or include them in the baseline from update manager.
- Check whether enough resources are available in the ESXi hosts part of the cluster to migrate virtual machines.