Category: VMware vSphere Replication
The following post will explain you the step by step procedure of Installation and configuration of vSphere Replication 6.5.1.
- Download the ISO image from myvmware.com/softwares/downloads
- Before starting the implementation of vSphere replication, please check the compatibility of the other vSphere features, solutions and platforms from “VMware Product Interoperability Matrices” https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php
- Based on the compatibility matrix, consider to upgrade or install the other solutions before proceeding with vSphere Replication.
- Check whether enough resources are available in your environment to deploy “vSphere Replication Appliance”.
- Un-register if there is any old replication appliance was used with the vCenter, follow the steps from my previous post “Un-register vSphere Replication from vCenter” to do the same.
- Verify and check whether DNS resolves FQDN of both source and target vCenters or update the host entries in /etc/hosts file in vCenter servers (VCSA).
Sometimes we will not find the newly deployed vSphere feature or installed product plugin in vCenter Dashboard or Navigator in web-client. Most of the time, we may see this issue, it can be due to Extensions and the only way to fix it is by unregistering the product extension from vCenter Server managed object browser (MOB) and re-deploy it or re-register with vCenter from Appliance Management Interface (like VAMI).
In this post, I will show the steps to unregister the vSphere Replication extension, with this steps we can unregister any extension (SRM, VRA, VDP, VUM,etc.,) that is registered with vCenter Server.
- Log in to the vCenter Server managed object browser (MOB). The URL for the MOB is https://vCenter_FQDN/mob .
- Click “content” Under Properties>content> ServiceContent > content.Read More »