Discover the Virtual Cloud Network, based on VMware NSX
Discover the Virtual Cloud Network, based on VMware NSX technology. It provides pervasive, end-to-end connectivity for apps and data, wherever they reside — data center, cloud and the edge — without data silos. Learn more now.
Introducing VMware vSphere 6.7!
We are excited to share that today VMware is announcing vSphere 6.7, the latest release of the industry-leading virtualization and cloud platform. vSphere 6.7 is the efficient and secure platform for hybrid clouds, fueling digital transformation by delivering simple and efficient management at scale, comprehensive built-in security, a universal application platform, and seamless hybrid cloud The post Introducing VMware vSphere 6.7! appeared first on VMware vSphere Blog .
The following post will explain you the step by step procedure of Installation and configuration of vSphere Replication 6.5.1.
- Download the ISO image from myvmware.com/softwares/downloads
- Before starting the implementation of vSphere replication, please check the compatibility of the other vSphere features, solutions and platforms from “VMware Product Interoperability Matrices” https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php
- Based on the compatibility matrix, consider to upgrade or install the other solutions before proceeding with vSphere Replication.
- Check whether enough resources are available in your environment to deploy “vSphere Replication Appliance”.
- Un-register if there is any old replication appliance was used with the vCenter, follow the steps from my previous post “Un-register vSphere Replication from vCenter” to do the same.
- Verify and check whether DNS resolves FQDN of both source and target vCenters or update the host entries in /etc/hosts file in vCenter servers (VCSA).
Sometimes we will not find the newly deployed vSphere feature or installed product plugin in vCenter Dashboard or Navigator in web-client. Most of the time, we may see this issue, it can be due to Extensions and the only way to fix it is by unregistering the product extension from vCenter Server managed object browser (MOB) and re-deploy it or re-register with vCenter from Appliance Management Interface (like VAMI).
In this post, I will show the steps to unregister the vSphere Replication extension, with this steps we can unregister any extension (SRM, VRA, VDP, VUM,etc.,) that is registered with vCenter Server.
- Log in to the vCenter Server managed object browser (MOB). The URL for the MOB is https://vCenter_FQDN/mob .
- Click “content” Under Properties>content> ServiceContent > content.Read More »
VMware vSphere Replication is a hypervisor-based, asynchronous replication solution for vSphere virtual machines. It is fully integrated with VMware vCenter Server and the vSphere Web Client. vSphere Replication delivers flexible, reliable and cost-efficient replication to enable data protection and disaster recovery for all virtual machines in your environment.
The following upgrade process will explain you the step by step procedure to upgrade ESXi hosts from 5.5 to 6.5 using update manager:
- Download the ESXi 6.5 ISO image from myvmware.com/softwares/downloads
- Before upgrading ESXi hosts, complete the vCenter upgrade and check the compatibility of the hardware from “VMware Compatibility Guide”
- Based on the compatibility matrix, consider to upgrade hardware BIOS firmware, drivers, HBA, NICs and partner vendor’s software vibs or include them in the baseline from update manager.
- Check whether enough resources are available in the ESXi hosts part of the cluster to migrate virtual machines.