As per VMware : When a virtual machine snapshot consolidation fails in vSphere, a Configuration Issue warning is reported in the Summary tab of a VM.
When you initiate snapshots deletion, virtual machine disks consolidation happens along with snapshot delete operation. But sometimes due to bad sectors or configuration file errors or due to backup tool, your virtual machines show a warning message “
Virtual Machine disks consolidation is needed”.
When you try to consolidate the disks it may fail to consolidate the disks and show error similar to the below:Read More »
The following post will explain you the step by step procedure of Installation and configuration of vSphere Replication 6.5.1.
- Download the ISO image from myvmware.com/softwares/downloads
- Before starting the implementation of vSphere replication, please check the compatibility of the other vSphere features, solutions and platforms from “VMware Product Interoperability Matrices” https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php
- Based on the compatibility matrix, consider to upgrade or install the other solutions before proceeding with vSphere Replication.
- Check whether enough resources are available in your environment to deploy “vSphere Replication Appliance”.
- Un-register if there is any old replication appliance was used with the vCenter, follow the steps from my previous post “Un-register vSphere Replication from vCenter” to do the same.
- Verify and check whether DNS resolves FQDN of both source and target vCenters or update the host entries in /etc/hosts file in vCenter servers (VCSA).
Recently in VMworld, VMware has announced that “VMware Cloud was live on AWS”.
Which means VMware cloud on AWS runs VMware’s enterprise class SDDC on the AWS cloud, delivered as an on-demand service. This creates the service oriented IT model that scales to any business demand.
Thru this, we can leverage the benefits and features of VMware’s vSphere, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, vRealize Business for Cloud, VSAN and NSX on the AWS cloud along with VMware vCenter Management. It also integrates with 3rd party tools (ISV Tech partner solutions) and Wavefront by VMware.Read More »